Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [NashM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe I'll have something to offer for this within a week. Just doing a final test fitting on the finished product.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll want one too!

It’s amazing how many pros are swapping the aero extensions because the stock ones just don’t work. I hope Trek sees the limitations in their design and comes out with some options like they did with the mono plug-in on the previous gen bike.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Kate S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kate S wrote:
Mitch@tTrek - I am very excited to have just received my new Speed Concept. It is in the prime viewing spot in my living room right now. Such a beautiful bike.

I am a little confused by the open port just in front of the seat tube - the one used to adjust the seat height. It seems like it should have a cover or something to stop rain from getting inside the frame. Am I missing a part or is this the way it should be and perhaps I am worrying unnecessarily?

Thanks for your help.

Excited to hear about your new Speed Concept!

That port is not needed to be covered, so you're okay leaving it!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the port drains down the seat tube and eventually out a hole at the bottom of the frame. I asked the same question of a trek engineer during a tour. I was concerned about bodily fluids. They said it may get nasty inside but "should" drain all way through.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [iliketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iliketri wrote:
the port drains down the seat tube and eventually out a hole at the bottom of the frame. I asked the same question of a trek engineer during a tour. I was concerned about bodily fluids. They said it may get nasty inside but "should" drain all way through.

I believe it also gives access to the bolt below, but I haven't been able to get hands on with a new SC since I was in the office in January - I only got to handle Ellen van Dijk's TT model (as seen here).

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Apr 21, 22 11:44
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is that front bottle holder mounted?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [craw4rd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a mock-up of what I will have available soon. Like Steve's, it will mount between the arm pads and the pad mount plate.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks please let me know when soon is here!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the final product available if anyone else is interested(I've PM'd those who mentioned interest prior). Just send me a PM if you have any questions.

-Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered a new Speed Concept a few weeks ago. It had a 16 day wait time. Does anyone know if this is total days or just business days (i.e. M-F)? I've asked the bike shop but I didn't get a real answer. Looking forward to my new rocket ship!
Last edited by: mvermill: Apr 27, 22 21:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure how to PM you, pls email me craw4rd@cox.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone,

I was curious what size road tire you are using on your new speed concept and reasoning for the selection. I hope to be in possession of one, possibly in a week. I am thinking 25s or 28s. Wheels will be the Bontrager Aeolus 75. I will need a hydration setup as well or at least until the new one gets shipped, so I may need the part MXGimp posted. Thank you for your experience and expertise.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [razor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
razor wrote:
Hello everyone,

I was curious what size road tire you are using on your new speed concept and reasoning for the selection. I hope to be in possession of one, possibly in a week. I am thinking 25s or 28s. Wheels will be the Bontrager Aeolus 75. I will need a hydration setup as well or at least until the new one gets shipped, so I may need the part MXGimp posted. Thank you for your experience and expertise.

Just building off of this and Dan's article on the RSL 75 wheels. My SC is being built up this week with the RSL 75s. Anybody have tire thoughts? The Bontrager R3 seem to be kind of meh from what I can tell, but maybe there's some special magic they have with the Bontrager wheels. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ordered my Speed Concept today. I also ordered the RSL 75’s. I’d like to run what I’ve been running for about 6 years now. The Vitoria Corsa Gumwall tires, but not sure yet. I ordered the Viper Red/Trek Black. Can’t wait for it to get here.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running my RSL75s with the GP5000 25mm Tubeless- nice and fast, no issues in training or in two races
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On a new SC? Please post some pics for those of us who do not have the new bike to enjoy!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies for the question but I know
Your pretty full bottle on this bike.

I will prob use the bontrager race arm pads and cups that I’m using on the second gen speed concept but was wondering how narrow can the stock pads get on this bike ?
Roughly centre to centre ? It doesn’t look like they can get very narrow ?
Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats TrekGeek! What specs? and what is your ETA?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just picked up the 7 today and am trying to get the flat kit assembled but having no luck. Anyone having pictures of how they did it and what is in theirs?

I’m trying to get a tube, 6mm Allen wrenches, co2 nozzle, and co2 cartridge in mine.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [jkoszarek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkoszarek wrote:
Just picked up the 7 today and am trying to get the flat kit assembled but having no luck. Anyone having pictures of how they did it and what is in theirs?

I’m trying to get a tube, 6mm Allen wrenches, co2 nozzle, and co2 cartridge in mine.
I’d love to know the answer to this as well. I also picked up my bike as well and can’t even figure out how to fit a single tube in the flat kit. I think the way to go may be the suggestion above to just remove the flat kit assembly and stuff a ziploc bag into the downtube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How are all of you getting your bikes? Did your delivery time improve from initial order? Mine is still Feb 2023 wtf and I ordered on the 2nd day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sigmachi wrote:
How are all of you getting your bikes? Did your delivery time improve from initial order? Mine is still Feb 2023 wtf and I ordered on the 2nd day!
I think it really depends on the specific mix of components and parts that you ordered. There’s big variation just between Ultegra and Dura Ace and that’s before you even get into different sizes of things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here my update. I already have an xlab wing with co2 spots so I’m going to move the cartridge and nozzle there. Leaves the tube and a tire lever in the downtube and that worked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used my front water bottle today, plate works great, thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sigmachi wrote:
Congrats TrekGeek! What specs? and what is your ETA?

I went with the Viper Red/Trek Black SLR7 Size Small with the RSL-75 wheels, Ceramic Speed, Computer Mount, 170 cranks and upgraded to the Hilo Pro Carbon saddle. I’ve had every version of the Speed Concept.

I’ve had a Medium and a Small. I’m 5’8 and feel more comfortable on the small. I had a Gen 2 with 170 cranks and a Gen 2 with 165 cranks. I HATED the 165 cranks. I got quoted at 116 days, but they said it will probably be sooner than that. Fingers crossed!
Last edited by: TrekGeek: May 7, 22 20:14
Quote Reply

Prev Next