Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any owners able to comment on pad width adjustability ? How narrow can you get these ?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [craw4rd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used mine recently too. Works great with my pre-existing bottle and the profile design wedge kit to make the bottle level.

Some pics:

Last edited by: fatguytri: May 10, 22 9:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Any owners able to comment on pad width adjustability ? How narrow can you get these ?

I don't have a complete answer for you, but if you're using their bta (which I realize isn't out yet), I believe it's around 175mm.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [fatguytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for following up! Glad its working as expected.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [fatguytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you already lose the little rubber cap for the headset pre-tension bolt? I did on mine, it isn't held in there very snugly!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jim - is that centre pad to centre pad ? Cheers mate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suppose that would be useful information! Center-to-center. My wife should be getting hers soon I'll measure it without the bottle and repost.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone

Great informative group (hoping for advice)

Currently have a 2018 SC and love the bike, front end is completely different to original bike as use "praying mantis" style bars and angled cupped pads.

Had New SC on order since early Dec and been pushed back few times to hopefully middle/end June. The only issue I have with new bike is front end. Pads look very far apart and poles not round? Looking at pictures lot of pros seem to have different front ends more in style that suit me, are these purpose built systems for them or can you fit after market products and who do them. Currently use Aero Coach poles & pads.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [boxercass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that Jim - my pads are 19cm c to c so should be good

Boxer, I believe Mitch has stated that a work around for the front end is possibly in the works but would prob be some time? Similarly to the second gen we may have to wait a bit. I too prefer zipp vuka extensions and have them quite close and will have to get used to a diff position on that front atleast for a little while. As for width of pads I just asked that earlier so hoping 17.5cm atleast but note you can run different cups as the new ones only have a few holes. I plan to switch to my current bontrager race cups when I take possession of mine but I have seen some speedshop 51 cups pictured earlier
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been looking as well, more and more pros are using aftermarket bars, some are tidier than others.

Sam Long and Sky Moench have adapters that look like Trek parts and mate with the stock towers pretty nicely by the looks if it but you can still see the Di2 wires poking out, not ideal. Others are using a Drag2Zero adapter plate that isn't quite as tidy looking (doesn't line up with the stock tower spacers) but does the job. There are a few videos on YouTube showing this, one from Renee Kiely where she mounted the Vision bars using it, one from "the Roaming Cyclist" where he swapped the stock bars to a full Drag2Zero front end.

Aerocoach just released a real nice looking adapter plate that mounts to the stock tower spacers but it is specific for use with their Ascalon bars. I might try that option.

Looks like more and more options are slowly becoming available! I was hoping TriRig would develop something like they did with the previous generation SC, they were pretty tidy. A recent photo they posted shows someone riding the SC with their Scoops Ultimate and there's what looks like a custom adapter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can put on pretty much any cups/pads you want. There are different mounting holes so you can get them pretty narrow (I haven’t measure to see what’s possible).

There currently isn’t a seamless easy option to run aftermarket extensions. People have done some hacking to mount wattshop and d2z clamps to run different extensions. It requires you to saw off and/or file off the little nubs on the stock trek spacers where the extensions mount.

If anyone from trek is reading this, please give us the option to buy the custom mount that Sam Long, RVB, and Skye Moench are running.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the best shot I've seen of the bike TriRig had posted. From the guys instagram page. Really clean setup but clearly very custom as well. Would love to know who did it. He had the Scoops Ultimate mounted to his bars in the jerry rigged way mentioned above before this custom setup.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, I hadn't noticed that but it appears I did. It's probably kicking around my garage somewhere...
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it just me or does that person have the extensions mounted shifted to the left? The right arm appears to be in the line of holes one over from the outside edge, while the left arm appears to be in the line of holes two over from the outside edge?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh. Good catch. You're definitely correct. That seems not quite ideal...

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

Was trying to place an order for a frameset (SLR), and the shop wasn't able to find the option on Project One. Are we missing something or are framesets currently unavailable? Any timeline on when they may come back?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
boxercass wrote:
Hi Everyone

Great informative group (hoping for advice)

Currently have a 2018 SC and love the bike, front end is completely different to original bike as use "praying mantis" style bars and angled cupped pads.

Had New SC on order since early Dec and been pushed back few times to hopefully middle/end June. The only issue I have with new bike is front end. Pads look very far apart and poles not round? Looking at pictures lot of pros seem to have different front ends more in style that suit me, are these purpose built systems for them or can you fit after market products and who do them. Currently use Aero Coach poles & pads.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Boxer,
Could you post pics of your 2018 front end. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with mine and would love something to consider as a visual. It seems hard to find good pics up close.

Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Firstly thanks for everyone helpful advice.

This is currently set up.

Last edited by: boxercass: May 13, 22 3:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,
I’ve been quietly observing this thread sponging everyone’s R&D and decided to join and share my build from the land down under.
Purchased as a Project One frameset, my LBS begged, borrowed and stole enough parts to build it. Mix of Force and Red AXS. I have raced twice and used a profile design BTA whilst I wait for the offering from Trek. Would love a 15deg wedge for front end but making do with the generic option and some 51speedshop cups.
In short, this bike is a weapon and rides so well!
Last edited by: JoelArmitage: May 12, 22 0:34
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [JoelArmitage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice !

Is that 7 or 14 degree rise ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only 7. There is nothing else available right? Unless I go the Drag2Zero option and do the lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks more like 14 deg. The tower toppers were designed with 7 deg tilt built into them. If you add the 7 degree angled spacer, that gives you 14 deg.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AeroCoach just dropped some new Speed Concept gear.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdaw8kLILqv/
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes - got you. So I’m trying to achieve overall 21-22 degree angle.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mike. I did stumble across this yesterday. I wonder if you could retrofit that wedge and retain existing tower topper? Although from what I can see, they have priced them at 237 pounds, making a whole Drag2Zero conversion seem good at close to 500 pounds
Last edited by: JoelArmitage: May 12, 22 19:17
Quote Reply

Prev Next