Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch@Trek - any update on the BTB system for Canada? My LBS says they still can't order it. Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Kate S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy to send you a BTA mount to Canada for a standard bottle cage if ya want. See my previous posts in this thread for details
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [boxercass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pic didn't load. You able to try again?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry

Can you see pic now?
Last edited by: boxercass: May 13, 22 4:05
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [nonobovey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nonobovey wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Was trying to place an order for a frameset (SLR), and the shop wasn't able to find the option on Project One. Are we missing something or are framesets currently unavailable? Any timeline on when they may come back?

Thanks

I'm still seeing this as an option in Project One! What country are you in?

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Kate S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kate S wrote:
Hey Mitch@Trek - any update on the BTB system for Canada? My LBS says they still can't order it. Thanks for your help.

I'm assuming you mean the BTA (between the arms) system right? This is available to be backordered by retailers in Canada. If they are unable to see it, have them give us a call!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [boxercass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Thanks. Any chance you could post a pic from behind bars, like i'd be sitting on the bike?

Thanks
Last edited by: littlefoot: May 13, 22 14:07
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sharing my recently completed cockpit setup in case it helps others going forward. Utilized Wattshop's Anemoi Aero Extension System to replace the stock extensions. Fully adjustable angle up to 25 degrees of tilt.

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [clough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great. I just installed the Drag2zero bars, they are super comfortable, nice BTA mount, not loving the tower spacers, they don't align the best with the one stock spacer that's needed to interface with the base bar. I was able to hide the Di2 cables though which is nice. Hopefully D2Z will come out with different spacers at some point... or Trek does.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which adapters did you use to work with D2Z extensions?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [iamAERO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used their pole clamps, a 10 degree angled spacer and a 10mm flat spacer. I used a trek 15mm spacer as the first spacer on the base bar. I had to shave off the two little pins that stick out as well as the other round bolt hole on the back. Worked great other than the fact that they don’t line up perfectly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any photos? This is the conversion I’m planning on doing. So just to confirm - from Drag2Zero you ordered their wedge, pole clamp, arm cups and extensions? Is that all you need? I’d also get their BTA mount.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [JoelArmitage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody able to identify the set-up Ben Kanute is using up front? The attached screen capture is from his IG today ahead of Chatty 70.3 tomorrow. I don’t recognize that logo on the side.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben uses the stock Trek setup with a custom handhold from Cyclologic
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes that logo is just the Trek warning sticker that he hasn’t removed. Some of the pros are using the stock bars though but with different end extensions, like Holly Lawrence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can definitely send you some. I just used their high rise ergo extensions, pole clamps, ergo arm rests, angled spacer and a 20mm spacer. I have the BTA as well but bought the wrong one , it’s too narrow for what I need.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only when you have a chance - would be good to see how it looks. Just to confirm - with a 15 degree angled rider, you’re basically achieving the same angle as I currently would with with the angled tower and 7 degree angled riser. Wondering if I need to go 21deg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here you go….

I’m using the stock 15mm spacer as the lowest spacer, I had to shave off the pins for it to work with the D2Z parts. The next spacer is the D2Z 20mm spacer and then the 10 degree angled spacer. They don’t line up perfectly as you can see but it’s a game changer for me to be able to use these bars.

Under the pads it’s the pole clamps, the extensions are the high rise. The cables exit out of the back of the extensions but are hidden by the pole end fairings (basically just plastic caps).

I have their BTA as well but not Installed. I needed the wider version than the one I bought.
Last edited by: sorelegs: May 26, 22 7:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info - I'll probably go a similar route! I designed these custom clamps but it turned out to be too expensive to have them machined

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very interesting looking design, nice. Do you have the design in any of an .iges, .step or .sldwrk file?
I have access to a 5 axis milling machine and might try working on this. How much was it looking like to get them machined? I assume out of aluminium?

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's your email address? I can share .stp files

Depending on the shop, estimates ranged from $383/clamp to $700+ and obviously a left and right are needed. Yup, was looking at aluminum T6 6061
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sounds very interesting, mail me at mike dot plumb at iCloud dot com

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing mate. That looks really good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I ask mate what the bolt spacing is for arm cups ? Looking at the revolver which has 15mm spacing from memory, not sure if it would work. Cheers mate
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The D2Z are spaced 32mm. The D2Z cups came un-drilled so there was a bit of a process to line them up and figure out where to put the holes exactly.
Quote Reply

Prev Next