Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really wish Trek would make this easier for us. I admire the ingenuity in these set-ups, but all the MacGyvering necessary after spending so much money on this bike makes me cringe.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bolt spacing is 15mm side to side. 12mm top to bottom
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
champion, thank you
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's in discussion

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
It's in discussion
Thanks, Mitch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
It's in discussion

I highly encourage the powers to be to put this into production ASAP.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Mitch@Trek wrote:
It's in discussion

I highly encourage the powers to be to put this into production ASAP.
X1mill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have STL files for the Bontrager garmin mount or any of the parts needed to mount an Xlabs Torpedo?

Xlabs sent me a photo of how to make their Versa Slim work but don't know anyone who can custom fabricate the pieces. I have a 3d printer, I'm just not all that good at designing parts yet.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [h0mersimps0n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, does anyone know which hard side travel bike carrier will fit the new speed concept? Heading to St George in October and trying to decide whether to pack it up myself (should be stupid easy) vs having it shipped by company..

Also, any update on availability of OEM aero bottle and cost? websites carrying them yet?

Thanks!
Last edited by: h0mersimps0n: Jun 10, 22 4:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h0mersimps0n wrote:
Also, does anyone know which hard side travel bike carrier will fit the new speed concept? Heading to St George in October and trying to decide whether to pack it up myself (should be stupid easy) vs having it shipped by company..

Also, any update on availability of OEM aero bottle and cost? websites carrying them yet?

Thanks!
I’m also curious about peoples’ hard case experience. I need to get my SC to Kona in October. Assume that it will work with standard cases.

On the water bottle, I placed an order at my local Trek shop when it became available for pre-order a couple of months ago. Last I heard, it was showing a July delivery date.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h0mersimps0n wrote:

Thanks!

I'ved used a bike box alan case for 2 trips this year. My frame size is a medium and doesn't require me to take apart the front end or remove the seatpost.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
h0mersimps0n wrote:

Thanks!

I'ved used a bike box alan case for 2 trips this year. My frame size is a medium and doesn't require me to take apart the front end or remove the seatpost.
How tight is your medium in the BBA? Just wondering (and hoping) that my large will be as easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
proftri wrote:
stevej wrote:
h0mersimps0n wrote:

Thanks!

How tight is your medium in the BBA? Just wondering (and hoping) that my large will be as easy.

It's pretty tight at the corner of the seat/chain chain stays. My guess is that you would have to lower your seat post or remove it. But you shouldn't have to take apart the front end apart.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also put an order in for the BTA bike bottle, hoping that comes in this month.

Anyone put their new SC on a Hammer H3 trainer yet? If so, how'd you do that - the Saris adapter says only up to 11 speed. I'm waiting to hear back from them.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shimano can go straight on.
Sram needs freehub replacement: https://saris.com/...drive-xd-xdr-freehub
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [nonobovey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I saw that but its also says Hammer cannot be used with 12 speed under the product details.
S

Saris website:
  • 12-speed systems cannot be used with the H3 Direct Drive Smart Trainer, as well as the CycleOps Hammer and H2.

Last edited by: SusanH: Jun 10, 22 8:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this one: "TRIATHLON AERO EASYFIT BIKEBOX"?

Do they ship to the US?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h0mersimps0n wrote:
this one: "TRIATHLON AERO EASYFIT BIKEBOX"?

Do they ship to the US?

Correct and yes they do. It does get expensive though.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch, I’ve heard that there is a reported issue with the Speed Concepts and all are being removed from the shelves. I think us that are riding the hell out of these bikes should be brought in from the dark, especially if it’s a safety issue. I don’t really want to be bombing down a hill and something happen. Just my $.02! I know it’s hush hush and we won’t get anything from you but just wanted to let the masses know.
Last edited by: jsosinski: Jun 14, 22 16:28
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [jsosinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go on….. 😳
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [jsosinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsosinski wrote:
Hey Mitch, I’ve heard that there is a reported issue with the Speed Concepts and all are being removed from the shelves. I think is that are riding the hell out if these bikes should be brought in from the dark, especially if it’s a safety issue. I don’t really want to be bombing down a hill and something happen. Just my $.02! I know it’s hush hush and we won’t get anything from you but just wanted to let the masses know.

So is this why many trek pros are on new frames in the last month or so??

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
jsosinski wrote:
Can’t tell if that’s a serious or facetious question. Skye Moench just won Des Moines on her purple SC. Could be a new frame with the same paint job, but not sure how we’d know. TO had a new frame, but he hasn’t raced much and I figured maybe he just hadn’t gotten his new generation bike until now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
proftri wrote:
stevej wrote:
Can’t tell if that’s a serious or facetious question. Skye Moench just won Des Moines on her purple SC. Could be a new frame with the same paint job, but not sure how we’d know. TO had a new frame, but he hasn’t raced much and I figured maybe he just hadn’t gotten his new generation bike until now.

It was serious question as TO, Kanute, and Linsey Corbin are all on new frames within the last 1-2 months. All 3 had blue frames originally. But I realize it could totally be coincidence and not in any way related.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Jun 14, 22 17:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
It was serious question as TO, Kanute, and Linsey Corbin are all on new frames within the last 1-2 months. All 3 had blue frames originally. But I realize it could totally be coincidence and not in any way related.
TO and Kanute seem to be on matching Trek Factory Racing frames now, and I don’t recall Corbin having a new SC before the silver one she has now. Who knows? And they say triathletes are obsessive… ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
proftri wrote:
stevej wrote:
TO and Kanute seem to be on matching Trek Factory Racing frames now, and I don’t recall Corbin having a new SC before the silver one she has now. Who knows? And they say triathletes are obsessive… ;)

Corbin on blue frame: https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edit: I only remember it because it struck me a little odd that they got new frames so quickly after getting the initial bike. I think Linsey and TO got theirs sometime in November last year.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Jun 14, 22 17:47
Quote Reply

Prev Next