Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [GLa1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where in aus are you what state ? My bike has been pushed back to mid October from basically now because of the bars 😫
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
South Australia. Was waiting aprox 6 weeks from initial notice to repair
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ended up requesting and getting a refund. The guys at my local Trek shop were great and handled things the best they could given the circumstances. I hope they get this solved for everyone sometime soon.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did you decide on? Canyon?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fortunately, there was a Speedmax CFR available in my size, so I went for it. More than I wanted to spend, but here we are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the US, just checked with my shop and was told Trek called them yesterday to let them know my new bars had been shipped...so here's hoping I can get it fixed and ready to race for my mid-Sept race.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [velogator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velogator wrote:
I'm in the US, just checked with my shop and was told Trek called them yesterday to let them know my new bars had been shipped...so here's hoping I can get it fixed and ready to race for my mid-Sept race.
Which prompted me to call my Trek shop (in the US) just now, and they said that they haven't heard a thing. Sigh.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know the LBS I worked with put in a warranty claim for the new bars back when this first came to light, don't know if that makes a difference or not?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [velogator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All-

Trek shop just called me to say they have replaced the bar and the bike would be ready to go if I still wanted it (purchased another bike). These bars should be out to shops shortly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see Bike Radar just posted an article saying the recall has officially been announced but is limited to Australia only for now but it will affect all regions. I read this as I’m packing my bike for Ironman Canada.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might be a longshot but would anyone have the 30mm tower spacers that they are not using? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey all, we finally got approval from the CPSC - it unfortunately takes a long time for them to approve things which prevents us from legally providing details. New base bars are available and are being sent out now. If you have an urgent race need, have your retailer submit a claim for the base bar on your Speed Concept and have them include the date(s) of your next race(s) so we can ensure we get you taken care of ASAP before your next race! Thank you all for the patience in this matter, I know it took longer than anyone had hoped for!

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/company/legal_policies/safety_recalls/

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the update Mitch, we appreciate it.

Can we have comfort and confidence in the new base bars and that whatever happened to the original one, will NOT happen to us with the new set up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can confirm my awesome retailer has just received the replacement base bar and is installing it for this weekend's race as well as my Trek BTA set-up. My Emonda has the temp replacement bar/stem already.
Last edited by: elf6c: Aug 25, 22 11:12
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ride with confidence on the new bars

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Aug 25, 22 11:38
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great. Glad you got set up for it so quickly!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replacement base bar looks similar to the old recalled version, as a bonus the new Bontrager BTA set-up finally came in as well, so they installed that too. My first sippy-straw BTA set-up. Did a 10 mile test ride today and all seems sorted.

Anyone with the BTA Bottle taken it apart for cleaning yet? Looks like its designed to open on one side, but no instructions came with it and I don't want to break it.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a link to the water bottle? My shop said back ordered till October.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any word on bta bottles? My shop said back ordered till October. I got st George that month so was hoping to get it earlier. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [craw4rd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a pic?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [craw4rd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What plate did you use and how did you mount?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [jkoszarek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check post number 896
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=7731923#p7731923[/url]

Reach out via pm if interested. Quite a few users on here using it.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems my bta solution is back ordered. How much for this plate?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it and love it. Use a torpedo bottle w/ their computer mount as i dont have a SC computer mount yet

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply

Prev Next