Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone found a 3rd party multi tool that fits in the frame compartment?

The Bontrager BITS Integrated Multi-Tool is sold out everywhere, but also I would like to have a multitool with a chain tool in it as well.

Measurements I took with my calipers on the storage compartment are a measely 2.4inches long by 0.9 inches wide by 0.4 inches high?

I just spent the last hour on amazon looking at Multi-tools and no one even comes close to making tools that small - forget about ones that have chain tool.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [h0mersimps0n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h0mersimps0n wrote:

The Bontrager BITS Integrated Multi-Tool is sold out everywhere, but also I would like to have a multitool with a chain tool in it as well.

Measurements I took with my calipers on the storage compartment are a measely 2.4inches long by 0.9 inches wide by 0.4 inches high?

I just spent the last hour on amazon looking at Multi-tools and no one even comes close to making tools that small - forget about ones that have chain tool.

Thanks
Nope. I did the same hunting-and-digging that you're doing, assuming that Trek/Bontrager was likely having this manufactured by some third party who also made the same thing branded for some other company. I ultimately got lucky and got the BITS off of REI when it randomly happened to be in stock one day. It's pretty compact as these things go.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i use a butter knife on the side that has a little space to pop the lid off.... i use it gently to try and not scratch and after 8 or 9 cleaning times now i haven't scratched it and seem to have found the perfect pressure...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found the BITS multi-tool at a local Trek dealer the other day, makes me think it's out there
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [deantrives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That did the trick- thanks my friend!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [fatguytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My LBS in Canada has about 10 of them in stock.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My shop received the new bar for SC and said they can’t get it to fit properly. There r 2 of us waiting on the replacement and I’m a week out from ship date to Kona …. Anyone have similar issues?
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [p2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My replacement bar was installed last week. No issues.
Last edited by: proftri: Sep 1, 22 15:49
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [p2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fitment should be no different. Have your retailer call in if we can help them walk through the installation!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [GrahamMackie7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [al-gorithm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

My Scicon travel bag has been great for my rim brake 2018 SC, and done plenty of trips. (think last trip just about finished it off and now ready for throwing).

However with new SC on it's way (eventually after 9 months and still counting) , what travel bag have people who own one been using?

Thanks for any help

Rich.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, Mitch, are you going to be in Kona? If so or if not, any sense of what the Trek presence will be there? I’m a first-timer and my new SC will be doing its first IM. I’ve heard different manufacturers have different presence during Kona week so just curious what you all are up to. Free water bottle if I swing by with my SC? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same. No issues on mine either.

Just hoping to find, get a computer mount soon. That keeps getting pushed back.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won't be in Kona, but I certainly wish I was. I have another event to attend that I'm on the leadership team for. I hope you have a great race though!

For manufacturer presence, we won't be there in show for product. But we will have our athletes and supporting team there.

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve been using a profile designs aerobridge. Not perfect but pretty good. Computer is tucked up hidden behind my hands.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Jk29] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a few people reach out to me to design a rear box for the new speed concept, unfortunately, none are local to me for me to take some measurements off of. Anyone in the San Francisco Bay area have one I could take some measurements off of. Alternatively, I will be in New Jersey (Glen Rock/Ridgewood area) in a week or so if there is anyone around there that would be willing to let me take some measurements.

Here's the box I designed for the new Canyon Speedmax CF

Thanks

Yann

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What measurements do you need? Can it be done via video?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

What are the details of the bar replacement here in Canada? I understand people in other areas were given a Trek/Bontrager gift certificate for a certain amount. My LBS here is telling me that there isn’t a gift certificate associated with the replacement, just the new bar as well as the labour and shop materials.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch, everyone,

Pondering between Small and Medium for the frame. Current fit is as follows:
- Y: 600mm
- X: 465mm to back of pads
- Saddle height is 680mm

I'm 174cm but have a super short inseam (78cm). Been riding a Speedmax (2018 edition) in S where I had decent reach but saddle height was an issue (e.g. couldn't use the saddle bottle integrated holder).

Seems like I could use either a Small or Medium with the Speed Concept but keen to get your thoughts.

Thx,
B
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h0mersimps0n wrote:

Thanks

Has anyone figured out how to store the tool kit in the frame storage? My local Trek shop owner tried but gave up after 30 minutes. Just couldn't find a way to fit everything in - tube, CO2 cartridge, tire lever, multi-tool. The lid wouldn't close. We folded up the tube and sucked out all air in the tube.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [dallash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I punted the plastic internal storage holder thingie. put a small bag with my spare stuff in it (no mini tool) and put it inside the frame. put the cover back on.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [dallash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve done it but it requires super thin tubes like Conti supersonic. And you can only carry 1 co2 with it.

I wanted a bigger storage kit so I unscrewed the storage part, put my spare kit in a zip lock bag and shoved it into the frame. Then put the plastic cover back on. 2 co2’s, 2 tubes, and a multi tool.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! That's what I ended up doing too. Seems like the best option. Will also make it easier and faster to pull out and put back in should you need it.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
Hi Mitch,

What are the details of the bar replacement here in Canada? I understand people in other areas were given a Trek/Bontrager gift certificate for a certain amount. My LBS here is telling me that there isn’t a gift certificate associated with the replacement, just the new bar as well as the labour and shop materials.

Thanks!

There isn't a gift certificate, but there is in-store credit provided through the store where the recall claim was submitted! Full details for Canada can be found HERE.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mitch. My bar was replaced last week (in the US) and they told me to expect a gift certificate from Trek as well. How are they supposed to handle this part?
Quote Reply

Prev Next