Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [LuckyShot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have tried to open with my fingers with absolutely no luck! Did you manage to open it with a tool?
Straw can be cut or pushed all the way down into the bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [GLa1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been able to open the BTA bottle only with a butter knife by twisting sideways. On the road\race I'll have to mix in a water bottle and then pour into the BTA. Not ideal...but...??
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [LuckyShot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also very annoying after a race/ride when transporting a bike with a semi-full water bottle by car. Found my electrolyte mix all over the boot because I couldn’t open the bottle to empty it. If anyone finds a fix let us know!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may want to discuss with your LBS...I had this issue today, went to pick up my BTA bottle set up, had the same bracket you have pictured, but no bottle. We did some research and that is the "round bottle" bracket. So, you have to bolt a regular water bottle cage on the bracket (that is what the holes are for) and then you use a regular "round" water bottle. Check out page #21 of SC service manual.

The bracket for the bottle w/straw option is different. And yea, $130 is a bit steep for just the bracket.

Please post back if you find out something different.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [velogator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
still happy to supply anyone that wants a mount that goes under their pads with one......for less than the trek part :)
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [velogator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velogator wrote:
You may want to discuss with your LBS...I had this issue today, went to pick up my BTA bottle set up, had the same bracket you have pictured, but no bottle. We did some research and that is the "round bottle" bracket. So, you have to bolt a regular water bottle cage on the bracket (that is what the holes are for) and then you use a regular "round" water bottle. Check out page #21 of SC service manual.

The bracket for the bottle w/straw option is different. And yea, $130 is a bit steep for just the bracket.

Please post back if you find out something different.

Yes this is just the bracket to mount a regular cage/bottle. I ordered both this bracket and the aero bta bottle (which also comes with its own mount). I ultimately wanted just the bracket as I like to run a round bottle bta. I ordered the bta aero bottle to test out in the future to see if I liked it any better than a standard bottle. You can also mount a round bottle on top of the aero bottle which intrigues me for additional fluids in an IM.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch,

Any updates on this? My Speed Concept has been impounded by my local bike shop for many weeks now.

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Anonturbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nasty!
Looking at this I def need to cut some length from the bull horns they come up long !

Hope this doesn’t mean you went down and crashed ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this the same as you previously posted that was damaged during shipping?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [nonobovey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love to know what the latest is. Heard from my shop bike should be in September. I really would like to be on the new bike for Kona my current is a little beat up.

Also noticed pricing went up on all SC models about 2-4%.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MtbTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do we know if it's safe to ride our new Speed concepts? Not feeling real good given the pictures we've all seen. Guess, I'll be riding my Gen2 speed concept for awhile.....
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch or anyone, i currently ride gen2 trek speed concept size small, stem is long and far, reach is completely slammed forwards to the max on the small frame. and stack is also at the lowest possible.

For the new speed concept, is there more range on the small frame to get more reach than the gen2 speed concept? How about the stack size? am i able to get just as low as the gen2 speed concept on the new small frame? Is there a fit guide in pdf format like the gen2 speed concept?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know there are carbon hand saws used to cut steerer tubes and handlebar ends. I don’t have one of those so could one assume a Dremel would work and be considered appropriate to cut it?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [NashM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just use a hacksaw with high tooth count
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Aug 10, 22 21:37
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MtbTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shop has had my bike since June. Latest info is that bars have been "sent out"---whatever that means. Still no CPSC approval.

Ironman in 6 weeks and havnt been able to train on the bike. Might be a roadie 112.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So get your bike back from the shop and assume the risk of riding it before it being replaced?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, my bike shop has come up empty with BTA setup. Originally said they'd have something in July.

My IM is coming up and I need to start practicing with a BTA bottle (since I've never used one before).

I purchased a 3d printer (meaning to do this anyway) and have been playing with a few brackets and braces out there.

I used calipers and did some measurements and modifications and am happy to say with the Torpedo $44 bottle, $20 cage and $0.25 in PLA (will use carbon fiber PLA for final print) I successfully completed a road test today.

Low profile zip ties coming, final brackets and ties will be black.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody else had issues with their seat post slipping? Every time I ride, it slips a couple of mm. My fitter put that graphite paste in there, but it’s still happening. Anybody else?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems to continuously change. Very unhappy with Trek to be honest. Favourite brand to one I likely won’t buy again after the lack of communication and blown race season while waiting for “soon” to come.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Jk29] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bike was supposed to ship July 29th, then August 14th, now says September 19th. So there goes IM Augusta and possibly IM NC 70.3! Oh well, there is always next season.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sucks.nfor you and JK. Hopefully things get resolved quickly. That would really suck if the seatpost becomes an issue too. Because if it's happening for you, than it's happening for others too probably.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No issues on mine, I have about 3000 miles on the bike so far and raced one very bumpy 70.3 on it in June.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Jk29] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve had no issues with my seatpost slipping. I’d suggest taking out the post and clamping mechanism and cleaning it all with alcohol. Then reassemble according to the manual with grease and carbon paste in the appropriate spots.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally got the call from the LBS that the bars are ready to be replaced (I'm in Australia). Fingers crossed everything starts trickling through.
Quote Reply

Prev Next