Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My new SC which was supposed to come early 2023, just got bumped up 5 months to end of Oct 2022 this year!

I don't know where these rumours are coming from....but I hope I don't get a "bad" frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
proftri wrote:
stevej wrote:
It was serious question as TO, Kanute, and Linsey Corbin are all on new frames within the last 1-2 months. All 3 had blue frames originally. But I realize it could totally be coincidence and not in any way related.
TO and Kanute seem to be on matching Trek Factory Racing frames now, and I donā€™t recall Corbin having a new SC before the silver one she has now. Who knows? And they say triathletes are obsessiveā€¦ ;)

Corbin on blue frame: https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edit: I only remember it because it struck me a little odd that they got new frames so quickly after getting the initial bike. I think Linsey and TO got theirs sometime in November last year.
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but Iā€™m not convinced that was ever Linseyā€™s bike. That whole IG post reads as a promotional plug for her sponsor (as *all* the Trek pros did when the bike launched). Are there any photos of her actually on that bike? I think some of the pros might have had to wait like the rest of usā€¦
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
proftri wrote:
stevej wrote:
proftri wrote:
stevej wrote:
It was serious question as TO, Kanute, and Linsey Corbin are all on new frames within the last 1-2 months. All 3 had blue frames originally. But I realize it could totally be coincidence and not in any way related.
TO and Kanute seem to be on matching Trek Factory Racing frames now, and I donā€™t recall Corbin having a new SC before the silver one she has now. Who knows? And they say triathletes are obsessiveā€¦ ;)

Edit: I only remember it because it struck me a little odd that they got new frames so quickly after getting the initial bike. I think Linsey and TO got theirs sometime in November last year.
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but Iā€™m not convinced that was ever Linseyā€™s bike. That whole IG post reads as a promotional plug for her sponsor (as *all* the Trek pros did when the bike launched). Are there any photos of her actually on that bike? I think some of the pros might have had to wait like the rest of usā€¦
https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last picture. You can see the blue frame hanging up.

Edit: alsoā€¦ https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Jun 14, 22 17:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
proftri wrote:
stevej wrote:
proftri wrote:
stevej wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last picture. You can see the blue frame hanging up.

Edit: alsoā€¦ https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
You win. :) Back to the main point, is there something going on with our bikes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
proftri wrote:
Back to the main point, is there something going on with our bikes?

Letā€™s hope not. Iā€™m honestly surprised how few issues Iā€™ve had with the bike. Minus the aerobars, I have no complaints with the bike.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As an aside - that red black trek looks the biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They (TFR athletes) all get two bikes. One for training and one race bike. Havenā€™t heard about frame issues, but my wife loves hers!

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's a clearance issue with the largest cog (indeed on my setup, it's pretty close...though I never use it while on the trainer).

Slowman did an article with him changing it for his 12 speed axs: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...o_12-speed_7646.html
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [nonobovey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
N=1, but no issues with mine with Shimano Dura Ace 12, both on RSL75's and using a Zipp Super 9 Disc.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mines due in a month with rsl75ā€™s. How do you find them ? 25mm gp 5000s tr?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [nonobovey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a clearance issue, I spoke with Saris support. I'm going to try it since I currently ride training setup that doesn't require me to use that gear.

Rep says next generation trainers will accommodate the 12 speed world.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good- I am on the first version of the GP5000 tubeless, no flats, did have to re-sealant a tire or two across three bikes running these tires. They seem nice and fast. Not sure how hard to mount, as I have my local bike shop do that.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [jsosinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a heads up for those with the new bike. Just got a call from my local Trek shop. Seems there will be a recall on the base-bar. Was told to check under the bar for cracks.

A fix would be coming in July. Be safe everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to assume all bikes that are scheduled to be delivered will have a base bar that is "corrected" then?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mines due mid July so hope so lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JPDMD25 wrote:
Just a heads up for those with the new bike. Just got a call from my local Trek shop. Seems there will be a recall on the base-bar. Was told to check under the bar for cracks.

A fix would be coming in July. Be safe everyone.

This is true. Trek should be ashamed of how they are handling this.

They sent a message to their Trek Stores telling them to remove the bikes from the sales floor immediately and not allow any test rides. They also told the stores TO KEEP THE MATTER CONFIDENTIAL and not call any customers until the recall is formally announced.

Really?

Issue seems to be with the base bar and replacement parts are expected to be available by mid July.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

My LBS has an SLR in Large coming in August and I have provisionally got my name down for it. My local Retul bike fitter hasn't fitted a 2022 SC yet and is slightly concerned that at 188cm I might be marginal on this size (I ride a 58cm P5 currently). I ride a new Emonda SLR in a 60cm on the road.

Obviously the usual geometry data is available online but we could do with the arm pad stack and reach numbers for the new SC. Does anyone on here know where to get them from ? I have skimmed the 41 pages of this thread but can't see any reference to them or any white papers as a fit guide.

TIA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I called my shop and the service manager has not heard of this.

Hope Trek clarifies soon.
Last edited by: SusanH: Jun 18, 22 14:52
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [GrahamMackie7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://geometrygeeks.bike/...-concept-7-5-2016-m/

Thatā€™s a medium but just change it out and you can compare to the second gen large
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea the seriousness of this? IM race in 2 weeks?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this but these are just the standard stack and reach numbers as published on the web site, its the specific stack and reach for the arm pads that we are looking for. Or Pad Y/X as shown here What is Pad Y/X? - Slowtwitch.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [GrahamMackie7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my apologies

I swear someone posted, perhaps in the offical speed concept thread, an attached excel spreadsheet of each bike size and the exact fit range of pad x/y with differing base bar options and towers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found it after a bit of searching - thanks

Trek Speed Concept 2022 Fit Data - Google Sheets
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SusanH wrote:
Thanks, I called my shop and the service manager has not heard of this.

Hope Trek clarifies soon.

Hereā€™s the text of what trek sent to their dealers.

ā€œTrek is asking you to check your inventory and sales floor for any Speed Concept models identified above. If you have any affected bikes, please
follow the steps below:

1. Remove affected bikes from sale immediately and do not permit test rides of affected bikes until we have a replacement base bar available.
2. Report each bike on a B2B service claim, starting Friday,June 17th under issue code, "SPEED CONCEPT MY22 BASE BAR" (found under the
Recall section). Include a photo of the bike's serial number with your service claim.
3. For each claim approved, Trek will send a color-matched replacement base bar, a US$75 credit for replacement handlebar tape and hydraulic
brake housing (to be provided by the shop), and a labor credit of US$100. We expect inventory of replacement base bars by mid-July 2022.

Trek will contact you again when the safety recall is ready to be announced to the public. In the meantime, please keep this matter confidential.

Do not call any customers until Trek announces the recall.

If a customer comes into your store with an affected bike before Trek announces the
recall, inform the customer that Trek has received a report of an issue with the Speed Concept, is investigating it, and out of an abundance of
caution, recommends that customers not ride the bike until the base bar is replaced. If you have any questions, contact your Trek representative.ā€
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [BBB1975] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatā€™s the ā€˜identified aboveā€™?

I assume itā€™s specific date built bikes ?
Quote Reply

Prev Next