Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [h0mersimps0n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h0mersimps0n wrote:
Has anyone found a 3rd party multi tool that fits in the frame compartment?

The Bontrager BITS Integrated Multi-Tool is sold out everywhere, but also I would like to have a multitool with a chain tool in it as well.

Measurements I took with my calipers on the storage compartment are a measely 2.4inches long by 0.9 inches wide by 0.4 inches high?

I just spent the last hour on amazon looking at Multi-tools and no one even comes close to making tools that small - forget about ones that have chain tool.

Thanks

LEZYNE V PRO 5

http://www.mamilian.bike
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [babgvant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not have, have not seen, could not find any 3rd party tool that would fit this space. Kind of dumb.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [h0mersimps0n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h0mersimps0n wrote:
I do not have, have not seen, could not find any 3rd party tool that would fit this space. Kind of dumb.

Sorry, that was me answering the question, poorly :).

The LEZYNE V PRO 5 fits.

Last edited by: babgvant: Feb 3, 23 13:33
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anyone try to fit a new downtube aero bottle from a new Speed Concept SLR to the previous Generation2 SpeedConcept? Will it fit?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my new P1 frame. I’ve been installing the etap from the old bike to this and adjusting it. The disc brake thing is new to me. Finished setting it up today but couldn’t go for a ride yet. Crap weather for a few days and a flat tire today. How do you open the through axle? The lever on the back wheel won’t come off and I believe it’s supposed to. The spare tire in the frame was a tight fit and a struggle!
Picture won’t upload. Hopefully this link can work.

https://share.icloud.com/...sQjAHTUeOpi6HDD2OJZg
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [AchillesHeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very nice!

the lever does indeed come off the axle, i remember the first few times it was a bit stiff. Square nose pliers and pull!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice looking bike. I like the HED wheels too.

Random-but I like your screen name. You a Dr. or have ongoing achilles issues?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Nice looking bike. I like the HED wheels too.

Random-but I like your screen name. You a Dr. or have ongoing achilles issues?

Maybe a dentist 😂😂😂😂

Both, doctor and long standing Achilles issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A question. I’ve never had disc brakes and through axles.

How do I put this thing on a trainer? I have a H3 and a Kurt kinetic. I find it best to optimize position on trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many trainers offer an adapter kit to mount a thru-axle bike using a standard skewer. Just did this yesterday on my old Wahoo KICKR using this kit:

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/indoor-cycling/parts-components/kickr-142-adapter-buy

-Scott
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WiScott wrote:
Many trainers offer an adapter kit to mount a thru-axle bike using a standard skewer. Just did this yesterday on my old Wahoo KICKR using this kit:

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/indoor-cycling/parts-components/kickr-142-adapter-buy

-Scott

If you have anything older than the newest V6 Kicker, Wahoo is likely to send you the kit for free. Older thru-axle adapters are not compatible with the Speed Concept. I was able to get one, took about 2 days to arrive.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AchillesHeal wrote:
A question. I’ve never had disc brakes and through axles.

How do I put this thing on a trainer? I have a H3 and a Kurt kinetic. I find it best to optimize position on trainer.

Your H3 should have come with a kit
to either use the quick release for rim brake or a kit to make it accept the thru axle. Look for your bag of parts from your trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a non-bike shop solution for a crunchy sound coming from the ISO speed? I've had the ISO speed regreased several time but I could use a home solution. Iso speed routine maintenance?
thanks -m
Last edited by: mvermill: Feb 20, 23 20:57
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [mvermill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvermill wrote:
Anyone have a non-bike shop solution for a crunchy sound coming from the ISO speed? I've had the ISO speed regreased several time but I could use a home solution. Iso speed routine maintenance?
thanks -m

Also curious to know a solution/workaround, a friend has added some silicon to it, but he says that while riding indoors he can still hear some "nhec nhec".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mvermill wrote:
thanks -m

Think you could whip up a video of the sound to share?

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll look to record a video this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mvermill wrote:
thanks -m

I may have experienced this and am continuing to experience this. I had a fair amount of squeaking coming from the ISO speed area in Dec/Jan and my LBS found a cracked plastic piece within the ISO speed assembly (this part: https://www.trekbikes.com/...eed-grommet/p/38022/).

LBS replaced it which has reduced the squeaking, but has NOT eliminated it.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch, can you please confirm if I order a custom P1 frameset, does it come with all the cockpit spacer sizes, angle wedges, tower toppers and bolts, or is the order is limited to an specific spacer, wedges and toppers?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [guillermoD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to specify the specific tower base and tower toppers during your order. It does not come with extra. You will get a 5 mm spacer, angled spacers, and different length bolts.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Steve. This was helpful
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what these pieces are for? The 4 square things are soft foam w/ sticky backing. The triangular pieces are metal. The round cylinder piece is rubber and the weirldly shaped piece is plastic. The shop didnt use them in my bike build up. I have the Ultegra Di2 version Speed Concept SLR 7
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [gte534j] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The round cylindrical shape rubber goes on the seat tube to hide the bold that flips the seat tube clamp.

I believe the pads are for the blip box in the base bar. So it doesn’t rattle in there? I have etap and the manual said 2 of those for it but it was a snug fit without the pads. I didn't use them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
guillermoD wrote:
Mitch, can you please confirm if I order a custom P1 frameset, does it come with all the cockpit spacer sizes, angle wedges, tower toppers and bolts, or is the order is limited to an specific spacer, wedges and toppers?

Comes with a topper of your choice and base size of your choice, 2x -7 spacers, 2x +7 spacers, and 2x5mm spacers.

I ordered mine with the 30mm tower base. But since position is a fluid thing throughout the season and years, and since I can have more aggressive position in a 70.3 and more relaxed in full, I ordered a 45mm and 60mm tower base as well. They are $20 each ($40 for a pair)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Do you need to order the bolts for each new spacer too? Or all bolts come with the frameset
Quote Reply

Prev Next