Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [guillermoD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guillermoD wrote:
Thanks. Do you need to order the bolts for each new spacer too? Or all bolts come with the frameset

I doubt you need new bolts. I am waiting for mine to come in. I can confirm once it’s here. But the riser gets bolted on from the bottom of the base bar. The spacers get bolted to the riser from above. Since neither of those distances change, rather the height of the riser changes only, I don’t think you need new bolts.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [AchillesHeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AchillesHeal wrote:
The round cylindrical shape rubber goes on the seat tube to hide the bold that flips the seat tube clamp.

I believe the pads are for the blip box in the base bar. So it doesn’t rattle in there? I have etap and the manual said 2 of those for it but it was a snug fit without the pads. I didn't use them.
Thanks! I installed two foam pads for the di2 connection box and the cylinder in the seat post. So now i have these items left without knowing what they are-

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [gte534j] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The top one here looks like something for attaching an accessory of sorts. Not sure I've seen that part before.

The bottom one is for your shimano brakes/shifters install. They come with 2 sets for diff size bars, so these are likely just extra(unless of course you can pull out your brakes from the bars, lol)
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MXGimp wrote:
The top one here looks like something for attaching an accessory of sorts. Not sure I've seen that part before.

The bottom one is for your shimano brakes/shifters install. They come with 2 sets for diff size bars, so these are likely just extra(unless of course you can pull out your brakes from the bars, lol)

Thanks! So i did try to pull the brakes out from the bar and they are in good-
I cant figure out the plastic thingy either- shop could have just had it laying around and thrown it in w/ my bike accessories- who knows.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trying to bump this up as I'm looking at this too. I would imagine Trek would want to maximize profits by making it compatible, but then again, that is probably the wrong assumption. LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The first piece is for the rear light that mount on the seat post
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch, is this normal with the aero water bottle, the water does not flow easily

here a video link, notice when i hard press the bottle

https://www.dropbox.com/...v/trek%20wb.mov?dl=0
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [khouryd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
by the way, i'm in love with my third Speed Concept

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
khouryd wrote:
Hi Mitch, is this normal with the aero water bottle, the water does not flow easily

here a video link, notice when i hard press the bottle

https://www.dropbox.com/...v/trek%20wb.mov?dl=0

The nozzle is not fully open. Put the nozzle rubber piece in your mouth, bite down on it, and then pull the bottle away from your mouth. Pull hard. You should feel 2 clicks with the nozzle once its fully opened. If you only feel 1 click, its not fully open.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Feb 27, 23 8:07
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wao, thanks Steve, all good, i just loose 1 teeth =)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol... I thought the same thing. I was a bit scared to do it at first. It's the hardest the first couple of times and then nozzle gets much easier to open after you do it several times.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just installed MINI CLOSED BACK ARM CUPS from Tri-Rig and love them!
https://tririg.com/collections/scoops/products/mini-closed-back-arm-cups
I had to drill out the holes a bit to get the larger bolts in but they feel fantastic. I highly recommend them.

Last edited by: gte534j: Mar 10, 23 14:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch,

Any advice on flipping the head on the seatpost with the reversible topper? It didn’t come with any instructions and I don’t want to mess up a $200+ seatpost. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [agbtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TK_SpeedConcept_MY22_ServiceManual.2-2023.pdf

Page 16

My advice is to first remove the seat post from the bike, so you can work easily removing the head (8).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is TT frame set lighter than TRI version since it doesn't have ISO speed?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trek does not specify the weight for the TT frame.
SLR frame is M - 4.01 lb / 1.82 kg
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [agbtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agbtri wrote:
Hey Mitch,

Any advice on flipping the head on the seatpost with the reversible topper? It didn’t come with any instructions and I don’t want to mess up a $200+ seatpost. Thanks!

It took me and the LBS a week to figure out how to do this. There is a notch in the barrel that’s in the seat tube topper. The barrel needs to be removed to get access to the bolt that removes the topper. That notch has to be rotated to the proper groove to allow the barrel to come out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't imagine there are a ton of people ready to toss an entirely new cockpit on this bike yet, but wanted to show that it actually is possible to mount the TriRig Alpha One. Worked on this project with Ellie Salthouse's partner Zac and it turned out surprisingly well. Happy to talk anyone through it but it mostly comes down to getting creative with the brake cable routing. No drilling required except for poking a few holes in the bento box area to allow cables to run through.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice !

Did notice she was basically one of the last pros to actually use the stock set up and she ran it pretty flat on the bars too. Now she has a wholeeee lot of tilt. I assume she’s pretty chuffed?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Very nice !

Did notice she was basically one of the last pros to actually use the stock set up and she ran it pretty flat on the bars too. Now she has a wholeeee lot of tilt. I assume she’s pretty chuffed?
I can't really speak to her previous position much other than that I know she was dealing with some pretty serious shoulder injury so her position was heavily limited by that. I'm pretty sure this is the furthest any of the Trek pros have gone with front end mods though, most are just using some sort of super extension that mounts to the stock Trek base bar. In fact as far as I'm aware this is the only Speed Concept disc in the world with a different base bar on it. I think we were all very happy with how it turned out though!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 questions for the Speed Concept owners:
- Integrated bottle: I recall people complaining about the struggle to get the liquid out of the nose. I can barely getting a sip in. Any solutions here?
- BTA system: any clue of where to find spacers to set up a BTA bottle like Laidlow or Ditlev, i.e. bottle facing towards rider and at a certain height to fill the bar behind the arms / below the head?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Belgian_Waffle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about the frame bottle? If so, Its a two click system to open it fully. I had the same issue and asked Steve J and he explained it to me. Works fine after discovering that.
--
The BTA I would imagine you can find "spacers" that would work at a hardware store.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch or Steve or anyone know the angle of the ski bends on the new trek? How many degrees ? I’m going to try replicate the previous gen sc on the trainer and need to change the extensions, I got some cheap 3T ski bends and now it looks like it has a boner…. As in it has a serious sharp degree upright and despite only being training, she’s a bit weird feeling. Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What’s your height and inseam ? Frame is M ?
I’m 1,74 m height and 80cm inseam , but I’m not sure if I should choose S or M.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [nico_salomon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Nico, i'm 5' 10" (1.78m), i have a M
My inseam is 85cm
Quote Reply

Prev Next