Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Mitch or Steve or anyone know the angle of the ski bends on the new trek? How many degrees ? I’m going to try replicate the previous gen sc on the trainer and need to change the extensions, I got some cheap 3T ski bends and now it looks like it has a boner…. As in it has a serious sharp degree upright and despite only being training, she’s a bit weird feeling. Cheers

I did some quick measurements and it looks they are ~40 deg.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

Are there individual parts available for the BTA water bottle (W5269794)? Looking for the cap/cover piece as one of the tabs broke.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies after using this forum for information last year I never posted pictures of the bike. It was ordered in June 2022 and ready to build in October 2022 which meant it went straight on the wall until this season.

The weather hasn't been great in the UK recently so its only been out a few times but my race season starts this weekend so it will get plenty of use over the Summer.

It replaced an original Cervelo P5 running tubular Zipp wheels so the comfort levels are night and day different.

Only one question. As I only race short course these days I don't need the down tube mounted bottle but is the design more aero with it fitted ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

Would like to get your take if a size S Speed Concept SLR 7 would fit me.

My currently rig is a size 50 Quintana Roo PR5 ( rim brake version with the following fit. It’s the same figures which was on my previous size S Specialized Shiv 2016.

Pad Reach 412mm (BB to back of pad)
Pad Stack 653mm (BB to top of pad)
Saddle height 733mm

My height is 175cm, and have been riding the above fit for about 3 season.

TIA
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Working on a bottom bracket storage box to replace the hard to use in frame storage. And also a rear box that attaches to the seat post. Boxes are shown on a medium frame.

Anyone else in the San Francisco Bay Area have a speed concept? I'd like to measure a small and large frame.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Last edited by: yannb: Jun 12, 23 8:57
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [yannb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone with Ultegra Di2 put a single chain ring on the front? looking for something 56-58T but am having trouble finding one.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yannb wrote:
Working on a bottom bracket storage box to replace the hard to use in frame storage. And also a rear box that attaches to the seat post. Boxes are shown on a medium frame.

Anyone else in the San Francisco Bay Area have a speed concept? I'd like to measure a small and large frame.

I am liking what you are doing. No new SC for me, but wonder about the rear storage mount, is it only secured via the wrap around the seatpost, or is it screwed into the back of the bike as well?

They look great.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is only secured using the clamp around the seat post. the clamp is stiff enough that it is not an issue. I use the same design on boxes for other bikes without issues,

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would love the rear draft box on mine, the frame storage is a sore point. Nice work !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Would love the rear draft box on mine, the frame storage is a sore point. Nice work !

What size is your frame? Where are you located?

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
medium and a longggggg way away im in western australia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is only me having a hard timing fitting a tube into the down tube storage with a tire lever? Any advice is appreciated.
To be honest the bike is race ready, but this storage méh (so far)!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [lcparlatto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep...common issue....i put the tire levers in the bento. I have managed to stuff a tube in the downtube plastic thingy, but i would not be suprised if i took it out to use it would be torn up, such was the effort to stuff it in there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
yep...common issue....i put the tire levers in the bento. I have managed to stuff a tube in the downtube plastic thingy, but i would not be suprised if i took it out to use it would be torn up, such was the effort to stuff it in there.

Exactly, that's also what I though, that could damage the tube "in the process" to fit it in.

So, I'm not alone :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I managed to get in. The key for me was not to roll the tube completely. Leave some of it unrolled and and push that into the frame 1st and then put the gizmo thingy in its place.

Btw, I really also don’t like downtube aero bottle. It is so low on the frame and so hard to reach that I don’t feel safe taking it out and putting it back safely while riding.

@mitch any news on the extension adapters?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I opted to removed that and drop ziplock bag into the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The rear box can be ordered from the website now https://custombikexcessories.com/...eed-concept-rear-box.

The box in the picture is the prototype, the production version will be dark grey almost black.

I am wrapping up the prototype design in the next day or two.

Yann

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,
I just sent you a PM. Just a heads up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve had good luck with rolling up the tube as tight as I can in a flat oval shape, and then coat the tube in a light layer of baby powder. It slides right in.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My top tab busted too. Weak opening point.

My question though. Anyone got suggestion for cleaning the tube? I got some gunk up by the bite valve but can’t undo the valve so need a long cleaner. Or, can I undo the valve and I just didn’t pull hard enough. Thanks all.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [GrahamMackie7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That looks amazing with those wheels. Very nice build.

This questioned is not directed towards you specifically but to anyone. I just bought my second Speed Concept Disc. For sizing, I am on the cusp of a medium and large. I rode a medium last year but I was maxed out on reach and had high stack under the aero extensions which I didn't like. I just bought a large and am in the process of building it up, so far it seems like it will be much better but I'd still love to swap the aero extensions. Is there is a list anywhere of compatible extensions? I see many pros on different things including Drag2Zero, Aerocoach, RideSync, etc and not sure how much custom modification is required or if they are sub-par options since it exposes the cables or isn't adjustable etc. Is there a decent plug and play option out there yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
medium and a longggggg way away im in western australia

The bike in the picture is a medium. The box will be available for purchase soon.

Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trick is to just remove the tube holder "loop" and keep the cover plate. You can comfortably fit 2 tubes, 2 CO2's + adapter, and 2 levers in the downtube then.

-Scott
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WiScott wrote:
Trick is to just remove the tube holder "loop" and keep the cover plate. You can comfortably fit 2 tubes, 2 CO2's + adapter, and 2 levers in the downtube then.

-Scott
Hi Scott,

Wow! That’s great! Would you have any pictures?

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two screws attach the tube “loop” to the cover plate.

Scott
Quote Reply

Prev Next