Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Frame set [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please get pictures and first ride reports up as soon as possible folks!
Quote Reply
Re: Frame set [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Michell,

What is the link to the computer mount on TB.com? Also is there a part number set up for BTA to order direct to consumer?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, with my complete bike order, I'm set up with the Bontrager R3 Hard-Caser Lite tires Aeolus RSL 75 TLR wheels. I've never run Bontrager tires or wheels, and don't know much about them. I'm thinking of using these as mainly my training wheelset, and getting a second race set, with a complete disc rear. Anyone of any thoughts or recommendations for wheel/tire combo, including rear disc, that would work well with this bike?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [YellowJacket16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YellowJacket16 wrote:
So, with my complete bike order, I'm set up with the Bontrager R3 Hard-Caser Lite tires Aeolus RSL 75 TLR wheels. I've never run Bontrager tires or wheels, and don't know much about them. I'm thinking of using these as mainly my training wheelset, and getting a second race set, with a complete disc rear. Anyone of any thoughts or recommendations for wheel/tire combo, including rear disc, that would work well with this bike?

Hi On my 201 current Speed Concept run Enve 7.8 & Zipp Disc. With 2022 Speed Concept I have on order going to stick with Aeolus RSL 75 wheels and go DT Swiss ARC 1100 DICUT DISC.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Chamois Sniffer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chamois Sniffer wrote:
Hey Michell,

What is the link to the computer mount on TB.com? Also is there a part number set up for BTA to order direct to consumer?

Thanks

Part number 5284245 would be for the computer mount with a Blendr Duo base (one free slot for a light since the computer mount takes the other). We also offer the Mono base too (5284244), but I think the Duo is the way to go for some additional mounting space. These are just available through our retailers right now until we get them live on http://www.trekbikes.com.

As for the BTA, this is not yet released thanks to some supply chain woes, so it can't be ordered yet. But the part number is W5269794 for the assembly once it is live!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Created a BTA mount out of 3mm carbon plate(3 is excessive, 2 woulda been plenty). Wanted it in the stack and not just under the pads so the bottle was a bit lower and hidden behind the extensions base.

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks good. How do you like the ride? How does it compare to your previous bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is nice and I like how it sits deeper between the bars.
My Speed Concept frame/bars/seatpost has arrived but I'm in holding pattern waiting for SRAM AXS Blip Box to build out.

Anyone got scoop on when those might be showing up again?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea about your question, but curious about your paint choice. What did you go with?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks awesome. My bike is arriving this week. The more detailed pics I see the more I realize that those bars really aren’t going to work for me. Hopefully Trek releases that adapter soon!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went with Mulsanne Blue/Black( no-upcharge paint scheme).

With the chaos of ordering and having to drive an hour from home to do it a Trek shop, I did not want anything to further delay the lead time (or add to cost).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Feb 14, 22 13:49
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
That looks awesome. My bike is arriving this week. The more detailed pics I see the more I realize that those bars really aren’t going to work for me. Hopefully Trek releases that adapter soon!

Awaiting the adapter as well although you’re braver than me and ordered the bike before Trek even committed to manufacturing one. But someone else may I suppose.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Bryan!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I'm not too worried to be honest, I could make the stock bars work they just aren't ideal for me.

If Trek doesn't end up making something then someone else will I'm sure. With all those "super bars" on the market they will want them to work with the new SC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pic not coming through, for me at least. Big do not enter symbol
Quote Reply
Re: Frame set [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
working now?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Couple quick thoughts:
- This is a fantastic bike. This is the second one my shop has put one together and they are raving about it.
- I'm really impressed how it rides so far though it was only 5 min around my neighborhood
- Lots of adjustability in the front end (though not much with the cups). The rubber covers for covering the hardware that typically rusts is a nice touch.
- Stock pads/cups aren't the greatest - there are only 2 pair of mounting holes on the cups (lateral adjustment only... no fore/aft (I'll be replacing these)
- Top tube storage can fit 8 gels (gu). You may be able fit more if you are better at packing them neatly.
- Downtube storage is small
- Downtube aero bottle isn't as awkward to hold than I thought it would be
- There's a threaded insert on the rear of the seatpost... perhaps for a future integrated bts solution?
- 25mm tires on rsl wheels look like 28 mm tires
- Bike weighed 19.5lbs as pictured
- If your bike comes with the hilo pro carbon saddle and you run a saddle with 7 mm rails, you will need the smaller size clamp

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Feb 14, 22 20:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any additional details on the threaded insert on the rear of the seat post? Maybe a pic or two?

Looks like an awesome bike. Looking forward to the more than 5 minute ride report.
Quote Reply
Re: Frame set [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
Any additional details on the threaded insert on the rear of the seat post? Maybe a pic or two?

Looks like an awesome bike. Looking forward to the more than 5 minute ride report.

Not much to show other than this picture. It's not mentioned in the service manual. Not sure what else it could be for besides a bts solution.

Also updated my post above with some additional thoughts.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Great looking bike and excellent feedback!

I was worried about the cups as well, not sure if I can get them narrow enough for my fit but they are easy enough to replace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have seen a Bontrager Flare attached to it. Hydration system would also be nice. Id imagine lots of stuff coming in the pipeline

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Frame set [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can´t confirm that there will be a BTS (Behind the saddle) cage. But I´ve a picture from Trek that says:

BTS (Behind the Saddle) Storage
- Up to 2 bottles
- Extra flat kit storage.

Not sure when this will be made though...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the picture and extra comments.

Please update us with ride reviews when you have an opportunity to get it out on the road for some longer rides. Really curious to hear how you can compare it to other Tri bikes for ride quality.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SusanH wrote:
I went with Mulsanne Blue/Black( no-upcharge paint scheme).

With the chaos of ordering and having to drive an hour from home to do it a Trek shop, I did not want anything to further delay the lead time (or add to cost).

Do you have any pictures? I'm going to put an order in for this color but haven't seen any real world photos. Thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next