Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it! Thank you, I will give it a try!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [lcparlatto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love all the room in the downtube and being able to ditch the old (heavy) draftbox and not clutter up the seatpost with a bag...coverplate without the tube loop:

Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got done with this one a few weeks ago. Now to dial in the fit a bit more after an extended time away my old fit definitely needs some work.

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Ben! I currently have an alpha one on my older canyon speedmax cf7 and am considering upgrading to a new trek speed concept. Can you use the alpha one and maintain the factory warranty? Is are there over ways to use tri rig components on the speed concept? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Steveablake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steveablake wrote:
Hey Ben! I currently have an alpha one on my older canyon speedmax cf7 and am considering upgrading to a new trek speed concept. Can you use the alpha one and maintain the factory warranty? Is are there over ways to use tri rig components on the speed concept? Thanks!
So as far as I'm aware, the only thing that may create problems with the warranty is the punching a hole through the food storage area to route the front brake cable. Now this is a completely non structural part but generally any holes put anywhere are enough reason for a company to not honor a warranty for anything. Don't quote me on all that though. I'd try to get something in writing from a Trek rep that using other bars isn't an issue.

It is possible to just toss some standard open or closed back scoops on the Trek bars, but it requires the special m4 bolt washers we sell and may take some spacer usage to work with the weird trek extensions.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone explain to this idiot what accounts for the roughly $5,000 difference between the SLR9 and SLR6? From what I understand, the frames are identical so it's just the parts. Looking at the specs, I'm not sure I see $5,000 more in parts on the SLR9 AXS than the SLR6.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [jamlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep, parts....and wheels. Instead of the 'pro', you get the RSL version.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But isn't that just a $1,000 difference? And isn't the price difference between the groupsets roughly the same? Still not seeing why the SLR9 AXS is $14,000 and the SLR6 AXS is $9,000.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jamlo wrote:
But isn't that just a $1,000 difference? And isn't the price difference between the groupsets roughly the same? Still not seeing why the SLR9 AXS is $14,000 and the SLR6 AXS is $9,000.

probably. There is no real reason unless you want the best of it all i guess. Frame is the same, including type of carbon fibre.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jamlo wrote:
Can anyone explain to this idiot what accounts for the roughly $5,000 difference between the SLR9 and SLR6? From what I understand, the frames are identical so it's just the parts. Looking at the specs, I'm not sure I see $5,000 more in parts on the SLR9 AXS than the SLR6.

It's probably a lot more economical to buy a frameset and di2 components separately (someone on TR just built up di2 12 speed for 1400 ish) and get bars and seatpost.
$5000 frame *a guy on eBay is selling M and L frames for $3000 OBO and he seems legit.

So, 3k frame +$1500 group+ $1500 bars and seatpost = $6k.

I agree with you. No way DA is worth that much more, especially if frame is same carbon level.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Favor needed.. I have a medium speed concept on order (4-6 weeks away), di2. For powermeter I am going with a Factory Install for a Stages LR but before I send in a new D-A crank to have the PM added, I want to make sure there is frame clearance (check requested by Stages).? Hoping to have the Crank back by the time the bike shows up..

Since I do not have the SC yet, could someone check this and confirm whether or not it clears? See picture below..This check has to be done with a Shimano crank.

Thanks in advance!

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Last edited by: spocket: Aug 21, 23 6:45
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the dual sides Stages on my frame (Size XL) on 165 cranks, with 5mm of clearance between the sensor housing and the frame. Plenty of room.

~Zac
Last edited by: ZacT: Aug 21, 23 11:52
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
jamlo wrote:

It's probably a lot more economical to buy a frameset and di2 components separately (someone on TR just built up di2 12 speed for 1400 ish) and get bars and seatpost.
$5000 frame *a guy on eBay is selling M and L frames for $3000 OBO and he seems legit.

So, 3k frame +$1500 group+ $1500 bars and seatpost = $6k.

I agree with you. No way DA is worth that much more, especially if frame is same carbon level.

A little late to the discussion, but the wheelset between the 6 and 9 is also different. If buying alone, the sets differ in price by 1300-1500 US I believe.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone heard of trek coming out with some sort of adapter for these bars yet ? They are comfy enough just miles apart. My only gripe with it all. Would love to put the profile design 43 bars on these bad boys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No word from Trek on an adapter for round poles. But PLENTY of previous posts on how to make it work with 3rd party products.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Anyone heard of trek coming out with some sort of adapter for these bars yet ? They are comfy enough just miles apart. My only gripe with it all. Would love to put the profile design 43 bars on these bad boys.

Nothing. Seems like trek is ignoring us.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MXGimp wrote:
No word from Trek on an adapter for round poles. But PLENTY of previous posts on how to make it work with 3rd party products.

True, I was just hoping for something a bit cheaper, more universal perhaps and something less complicated.

Is Mitch even around anymore ?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [ttx_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttx_tri wrote:
Got done with this one a few weeks ago. Now to dial in the fit a bit more after an extended time away my old fit definitely needs some work.

Your build looks great! I haven’t seen any other builds using standard bottle cages. Do you remember what bolt sizes were required? The speed bottle uses M5. But the upper DT and seat tube mounts are smaller diameter. M4 are too big. Were these M3? Thanks for any info!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just put standard cages in mine too. Regular m5 screws. Try again carefully, maybe the first threads are tight or dirty or have a small burr?

T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spocket wrote:
I just put standard cages in mine too. Regular m5 screws. Try again carefully, maybe the first threads are tight or dirty or have a small burr?

Thank you for the info. I’m remote directing my wife on the cage install as she’s training in warmer surroundings ATM. I’ll have to be careful having her force it too much.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [lcparlatto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2023 Speed Concept; love it! I am sure if I dig deep I might find it in the 51 pages, but hoping for a quicker answer; how do you ship your speed concept? Do you own a box (what brand) or do you use a company (which one.). I am planning to go from midwest to IMTX next year and looking for options.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you have the tubes and Co2 secured in the downtube storage area? Can you send pics of that?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mike J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I shipped mine in an Evoc Road Bike Pro bag, no dismantling of the bike required, didn't even need to lower the seat. The bag has a soft bottom half with reinforcements and hard plastic top half. I used it for one flight that was less than two hours in duration and the hard plastic on the top completely shattered. I can only imagine how the baggage handlers managed to do that but the bike was safe!

I'll never buy that bag again though, Evoc were awful to deal with and basically told me to pound sand, worst customer service I've ever experienced. The person I dealt with was rude and arrogant.

I just ordered a Bike Box Alan, pricey but from what I hear are very protective and durable. They are somewhat big and heavier though so some airlines may have issues with them.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mike J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In general (not SC specific) I've used Tri Bike Transport service a few times in the last decade, not cheap but usually quite convenient.

I also used the Bike Box Alan Easy Fit - with my Gen 2 SC medium and my aerobar setup, I could leave the front end alone. Just had to remove pedals and wheels. Box is huge (quite wide)

For the Gen 3 SC, travelling in a traditional box, look 2/3 down this page from Trek for how to remove the handlebar if needed...

https://www.trekbikes.com/au/en_AU/speed-concept-fit-travel/

Hope this helps!

T. Guertin / Spocket
Last edited by: spocket: Sep 29, 23 3:58
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [BeastTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stuff one spare tube all the way down toward the bottom bracket, I slide one CO2 plus 2 tire levers rubber banded to another CO2 up the down-tube, then a second spare tube sits right below the access cover. Nothing is "secured", but I've yet to hear a rattle.

-Scott
Quote Reply

Prev Next